Tonight the kids enjoyed lots of fun at our church Fall Festival. They went trick-or-treating at one house (a co-worker friend of mine) and then they just HAD to get to the fesival. Jonathon was an old man and Clarissa.....at 3:30 today informed me that she was not going to be the old lady that she had planned but that she was going to be a Texas Tech cheerleader. You've gotta love the female mind.....so free to change at any minute! I hope everyone had a safe evening! Can you believe Thanksgiving is just right around the corner???????? Run turkeys!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Posted by Gayla at 11:32 PM
Monday, October 29, 2007
My teacher friend, Sarah, "tagged" me. I guess I have to play along!
1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here it goes:
1. When I was growing up, we had a pet pig that we raised in the house! He didn't know he was a pig and I didn't know we ate him until just a few years ago!
2. I failed my first driving test. (NO comments please about this one!)
3. I can not stand to drink out of restaurant glasses. I must have a straw! I get to thinking about all of the people's lips that have touched the glass and it grosses me out. I'm about to have to start carrying my own plastic ware because I start thinking the same things about the forks.
4. I gag often (especially after eating out).
5. I love to look at pictures of my chidren. I could do that all day long. I could also watch home videos of them forever!
6. I love to touch my Mother's arms. She has that old lady flab (I say that in a good way). It is so soft. I of course am in no hurry to get it but I could spend hours touching hers!
7. I was invited to go on a 21 day tour of Europe with an honors band when I was a Sophomore in High School and I turned it down because I was afraid to fly over the ocean. Not that I wouldn't be scared today because I would but I'd strongly consider it!
8. I love snow. It puts me in the best moods. I am most productive when it snows. I want to visit Alaska and Switzerland.
I now tag Elaine and Cheryl because my other blogger friends....oh wait....I have not other blogger friends!!!
Posted by Gayla at 12:13 AM
Monday, October 1, 2007
Today has been a very bad day for Jonathon. As his mother, my heart has broken for him. Sal's car was broken into last night and all that was taken was Jonathon's backpack and Sal's cologne. Now, some may be thinking....Why were those items there? Let's just say that the men and my life like convenience. It was convenient for Jonathon to leave his backpack in the car on Friday because he wouldn't need it until Monday and I guess it's convenient for Sal to spruce up on the smellums throughout the day.
Jonathon's binder was found in an alley nearby but his backpack, his Nintendo DS which had been INSIDE the backpack, and the cologne were not found. Jonathon was so upset that he could not talk to be on the telephone. I can't remember a time when he cried that hard. Actually, when I told him that his Papaw might have lung cancer was the only other time I remember him crying that hard. So, as I knew my son was hurting, I hurt too. Some have said "Well, he'll learn not to leave things in the car". Yes, maybe he will. Yes, maybe I had told him many times not to leave it in the car and much less, his Nintendo DS! However, that doesn't excuse someone getting into OUR property and taking OUR things! AND, to top things off, his lovely first year Social Studies teacher gave him a write up for not having his paper today in class! NO JOKE ---the kids had nothing!!!! So, I called the school today and tried to explain that it wasn't lost but stolen and the teacher proceeded to be very hateful with me and eventually hung up on me! OH NO HE DIDN'T!!!! Let's just say....I've removed the write up myself and this battle isn't over!
Unfortunately, Jonathon learned a big lesson about life today. He told his Dad that he had wondered what he had done, that God was punishing him for. Yeah, that one got me! We've spent the evening explaining to a once, very innocent 10 year old, that God doesn't work like that and how there are just some pretty sorry individuals in this world that need God desperately.
Jonathon also learned a big lesson about family. Tomorrow he will receive a special gift from someone who loves him very much and from someone whom I adore and admire more than they'll ever know. I had to tell him about the gift tonight and let's just say....it's good to see him smile.
So while my heart hurts, my blood pressure is still sky high from anger, my soul remains confident that God is STILL good and STILL in control and STILL moves people to do amazing acts of kindsness to small children and in my house....when you are kinds to my children, you are a blessing to me!
Posted by Gayla at 10:26 PM