Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rise and....RUN!!!!!

"Rise and Shine and give God the glory, glory"...remember that little tune? Well, this morning at my house it wasn't quite rise and shine it was rise and run!!

We are in the middle of massive clean - out, pull-up carpet projects in both of the kid's rooms so in the meantime, they are camping in the living room (which they love and which also happens to be right next to our bedroom). Last night I stayed up late, doing different things with the understanding that....ahhhh, Saturday morning.....I can sleep late! WRONG!!! At 6:00 a.m. I was awakened by hysterical crying coming from my living room. I don't remember quite how I got there...I remember my feet initially touching the ground to steady me as I flew out of the bed but between there and the couch....I remember nothing! I ran to the living room, swooped up my daughter who was standing beside the couch crying, and collapsed with her in my lap! With heart pounding I asked if she had had a bad dream and sure enough she had. So we spent some time talking through it, she went back to bed and so did the guys. With everyone asleep now.....guess who is wide awake?????

I guees this is a great time to go for me to starty laundry and go for my walk! Afterall, I've already had my run!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it always like that? Besides the first months with an infant, if I'm awaken before I'm ready to wake up, I can't fall back asleep.

Sounds like quite the campout you have going in your living room. you guys should pitch a tent. we actually have a small one for Melody to play with in the corner of our "dining room"...one of those $10 ones from Ikea.

I'm sure the rooms will turn out great once everything is done.

secondofwett said...

I'm also one of those people that once I'm awake I can't go back to sleep...which is very annoying when hubby is lying beside me peacefully snoring! Oh well, usually it's a good time to read a book w/o interruption! :0)