Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The leaves are turning, the air, at times, has a simple chill to it, and pumpkins are beginning to appear! School is in full swing, my Friday nights are spent watching high school football games, Saturdays are filled with soccer and Texas Tech football, and Sunday afternoons are for the Cowboys (poor guys). You know, I have really never given FALL too much of a thought. It always occurred and I new that Thanksgiving and Christmas weren't too far behind. Today I found myself reflecting upon FALL.....I do believe, it has become my favorite time of the year!

Fall...Autumn.....whatever term you choose to use - it is a time of festivity! Every Friday night, sitting in those stands,surrounded by the fans and cheerleaders, is a very festive time! Looking forward to the half-time show and seeing my young man be a part of an amazing band while they dazzle their way through the show! Cheering my daughter on as she scores goals like she never has before in soccer is something I could do all day! Yelling at the television with my armchair coach of a husband while the Texas Tech Red Raiders show their stuff is something I could never replace! I am giddy just thinking about going to a pumpkin patch with my family! And who doesn't love caramel apples and pumpkin bread (well, pumpkin anything!).

So why all this hype about Fall? Well, honestly speaking. I don't know. It's just a time of the year that I have a "good" feeling. I'm busy but not stressed about life (work, maybe but not life)! The beauty around me is AMAZING and the festival of colors is heaven sent! So, for what it's worth..I do believe....this is the most wonderful time of the year! :)


"Just before the death of flowers, and before they are buried in snow, there comes a festival season when nature is all aglow." Author Unknown

0 comments: